I want to thank Lord David Prosser http://barsetshirediaries.wordpress.com/ for his thoughtful consideration of my blog to pass this award to me. I am brand-new at this blogging effort and I sure hope I can address the requirements of this award with the grace and style expected of me.
Forgive me PLEASE…this isn’t done correctly…I am quite new to the whole blogging universe and cannot master the controls very well. I didn’t want to leave this thing unacknowledged, but knew if I finally posted my answers, that I would be doing so without an ability or the technical know-how to ‘pass it on’ as it was intended for me to do
BUT, I certainly am honored to be a recipient of this award and pleased to present my answers to the following:
11 Random Facts About Myself:
- I once had dinner at Douglas Fairbanks Jr.’s crypt, located inside the Hollywood Forever Memorial Park. It was an elegant affair, if not just a bit unorthodox.
- I embarked on my quest to become a funeral director and embalmer at age 32. It was the most difficult, albeit most personally rewarding work I’ve done.
- I adopted a California Desert Tortoise in 2012. His name is Sheldon.
- I made a parachute jump from 12,500 feet at age 35.
- I graduated from Mortuary Science college with Dean’s List and President’s Honor Roll distinctions in 1999. I was a better student in my 30s than I’d been in high school.
- I am fascinated by rattlesnakes; terrified to death of spiders.
- I accepted a ride from a guy who worked at the same agency as me…he turned out to be a prolific serial rapist–murderer! AKA “The Westside Rapist”.**SEE LINK BELOW (He’d been linked to as many as 33 murders when they arrested him).
- I have been to Queensland, Australia—the furthest I have ever traveled from home.The best vacation I ever took.
- I have a secret desire to be a stand-up comedian.
- I was left standing at the altar on my wedding day. Yep.
- I am ½ Bohemian Czech, ¼ Irish, ¼ German. (and ¼ c. moisturizing cream)
1. What’s your most embarrassing moment? I nearly took the wrong body from a hospital—both patients in the room were dead, but the nurses only knew about one. I was called later to pick the other one up, anyway.
2. When’s the last time you sent or received flowers? My birthday, May 2013.
3. Have you ever sought revenge? Oh yes. I was 18. I tried to run her over with my car. She jumped out of the way. Damn! Lol! Hey, I was 18, what can I say? I didn’t appreciate her putting the move on my boyfriend- – I decided he wasn’t worth it, she ended up married to him later. And divorced.
4. What’s your greatest personal strength? My determination to overcome obstacles. I am a Gemini—that makes me a “chameleon” of sorts, I guess, too. If I were a cat I’d be on my 10th life, especially where ‘reinventing’ myself (i.e. careers) is concerned. I land on my feet.
5. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done (must be different from #1)? I married the same guy from Random Fact , about a year after he stood me up at the altar. Huge, HUGE mistake.
Playing with a rattlesnake would have been a smarter thing to do. And safer. And less emotionally traumatic.
6. Who’s the most famous person you’ve met? There have been quite a few…however, I will go with a presently popular celebrity…Beyonce. She was still part of Destiny’s Child –
8. What do you collect? Coins and bottles. Dust.
9. Favourite all time song? “The Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler. It makes me think of how lucky I was to have my parents’ support, especially when I needed it most. They rescued me and my girls from a monster who very nearly killed me.
10. Favourite ice cream flavour? “Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough”
11. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Fettuccine Alfredo.