Our Favorite Poet: Edgar A. Guest
Today we wanted to share a piece from our favorite poet.
by Edgar A. Guest
Life is a gift to be used every day, Not to be smothered and hidden away; It isn’t a thing to be stored in the chest Where you gather your keepsakes and treasure your best; It isn’t a joy to be sipped now and then And promptly put back in a dark place again. Life is a gift that the humblest may boast of And one that the humblest may well make the most of. Get out and live it each hour of the day, Wear it and use it as much as you may; Don’t keep it in niches and corners and grooves, You’ll find that in service its beauty improves.
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY, ALL!
CJ and Morguie
- Life (poetrybok.wordpress.com)
- It Couldn’t Be Done BY EDGAR ALBERT GUEST for National Poetry Day (thebusinessgrowthnetwork.wordpress.com)
- The Lost Purse (mysouldothdelight.wordpress.com)
- Answered Prayer (handpaintedsky.wordpress.com)
- The Light of Faith (swallowinthewind.wordpress.com)
- Quotable Quotes (outuvdarkness.wordpress.com)